For more than 40 years, Davidson College's Lake Campus has been a popular recreation and relaxation spot for students, faculty and staff.
Located 7 miles from main campus, Lake Campus's 110 acres of waterfront property on beautiful Lake Norman provides Davidson students with the unique opportunity to be involved in a variety of water activities. The property includes a waterfront beach and swim area, sand volleyball courts, picnic areas, wet and dry boat slips, a boat ramp and open green spaces. The Lake Campus is the home to Davidson's club sailing and crew teams. It also hosts visitors from July Experience, Odyssey campouts, orientation socials, cookouts, alumni gatherings, and more.
Summer 2020 Hours, Guidelines & Access
- Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m. daily (subject to change at start of fall 2020 semester) beginning Saturday, July 25
- Restrooms: 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. daily (cleaned and sanitized daily)
- Equipment Check Out: To Be Determined
Reminder to visitors: please adhere to social distancing guidelines and know that Lake Campus continues to be alcohol-free.
- Maximum Capacity: 210
- Please continue to practice social distancing
- Remember to wash and sanitize hands
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Use of Lake Campus properties or amenities are considered “use at your own risk.” While there is mitigation guidance, social recommendation, and sanitizing procedure in place, transmission can still occur.
- College ID required
- College community only: students, employees and alumni
- No external group reservations or special events
To reach the Lake Campus from Davidson, take Main Street in Davidson (Hwy 115) north approximately 2 1/2 miles to Langtree Road. Take a left on Langtree, over the railroad tracks. Follow Langtree for 2 miles to Lake Campus Drive. Take a right on Lake Campus Drive and follow to the gatehouse entrance. You will need your CatCard to be granted entry. Parking is available. The Lake Campus is located at 152 Lake Campus Drive.
Canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards are typically available to rent from the beach area through a lifeguard at no cost during the summer. Davidson College ID Cards are required and a signed waiver before taking equipment on the water.
Equipment check out for summer 2020 is to be determined. Equipment is typically checked out on a first-come, first-served basis and all equipment must be returned by 5 p.m. daily. Sailboats and power boats are not available to rent.
Plan your next event at the Lake Campus. Make a reservation for your group event today.
Boat Slip Request
The college offers space for boats to be docked within Lake Campus. Request a boat slip.
Alumni are welcome to make use of Lake Campus facilities by purchasing an annual pass. Whether this is your first alumni pass or your 20th, thank you your continued engagement with Davidson College. Request an alumni pass.